Add a Twist with Blood Orange Puree
The blood orange is a great way to put a new twist on recipes requiring citrus. As a substitute for traditional orange, it adds a unique kick with flavor notes of cranberry or raspberry, or as some say, almost a fruit punch flavor. Blood orange can also be used to substitute for lime or lemon in recipes.
As a main flavor, it also blends well with spices including vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves. This unique fruit lends itself to craft brews, kombuchas, and more.
Blood Orange Aseptic Puree Specifications
- Scientific Name: Citrus sinensis
- Otherwise Known As: Tarocco, Sanguinello, Moro
- Flavor Profile: Citric with notes of raspberry, cranberry, and mild acidity
- Pulp Color: Orange to light red-orange
- Shelf Life: Our purees maintain their freshness for 18 months from the date of manufacture as long as the packaging remains unopened. Store away from sunlight and below 77° F. After opening your puree, you can refrigerate it for up to 10 days or freeze it for the remainder of the shelf life.
Ingredients: Blood Orange Puree, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
- Craft Brewing
- Fruited Beers
- Fruited Sours
- Baking Pastries
- Ice Cream
- Frozen Desserts
Get Your Fresh, Sun-Ripened Purees with Fierce Fruit
Wondering where to buy blood orange puree? You won’t find a better source anywhere else. Every single puree we sell is fresh, bold, and ready-to-use. With no added sugar or GMO ingredients, you can feel good about incorporating our purees in your unique brews.
Shop our real, sun-ripened purees today. Don’t be afraid to get in touch with questions!
Shipping: Our purees typically ship within 1 to 3 business days.
Too sweet, no tang
Doesn’t have the tangy flavor I’m used to for blood oranges. The description while it shared other aspects of the flavor profile, this was totally missing in terms of what blood orange provides as opposed to a pre-cocktail mixer or something.