Make Next-Level Berry Brews With Blackberry Puree
The Andean blackberry (or “Mora” as it's called in Colombia and Ecuador) is a tangy and sour type of blackberry primarily found at high altitudes in the Andes Mountains in Central and South America. It’s hardly like the common blackberry, which has a mild flavor. In fact, it’s very sour! But add a little sweetener, and wow, you’re tasting a mega berry! It’s like whipping together ripe raspberries, blackberries, cranberries, and lingonberries, and kicking it up a notch—or a thousand!
Use our blackberry puree to add a deep, beautiful red-fuchsia color to your beverages. Warning: The vibrant color will transfer to anything in its path! Our 100% fruit puree is super versatile and a great option for those looking to shake things up with exciting berry brews.
Blackberry Aseptic Puree Specifications
- Scientific Name: Rubus glaucus
- Otherwise Known As: Mora, Andean Berry, Castilla Blackberry
- Flavor Profile: Tart, sweet, and potent with notes of blackberry, raspberry, and cranberry
- Pulp Color: Bright red to deep purple
- Shelf Life: When unopened, Fierce Fruit purees maintain their freshness and quality for 18 months from the date of manufacture. They should be stored in an area away from direct sunlight and kept below 77° F. Once you’ve opened your fruit puree, it should be refrigerated for up to 10 days or frozen for the remainder of the shelf life.
Ingredients: Andean Blackberry Pulp, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
- Craft Brewing
- Fruited Beers
- Fruited Sours
- Baking Pastries
- Ice Cream
- Frozen Desserts
Fierce Fruit Gets Bold
All of our real fruit purees are made from strong, bold fruits that are 100% natural and never frozen. We don’t add sugar or use GMOs, so you can be sure you’re getting the best quality blackberry puree for your beers, ciders, kombucha, and more. Allergen-free, vegan, and gluten-free, these purees are accessible to all.
Shipping: Our purees typically ship within 1 to 3 days.