Enjoy the Tart, Earthy Taste of Plum Puree
Common in Central and South America, the ciruela is a tropical cousin to the common purple plum. It’s a stone fruit that grows on deciduous trees that can reach heights of 30-40 feet. While the tree may be tall, the ciruela plum is only about 2” long. The color can range from a golden yellow to a deep purple-red. In the tropics, it is often eaten fresh with sea salt to help quench thirst.
Our ciruela puree has all the flavor of the common plum but packs a bit more punch. Plum is great for brewing fruited sours and other beverages as it is naturally tart and a little astringent.
Plum Aseptic Puree Specifications
- Scientific Name: Spondias purpurea
- Otherwise Known As: Ciruela, Jocote, Spanish Plum
- Flavor Profile: Tart, earthy, and mildly astringent with a soft, sweet taste
- Pulp Color: Light yellow-beige
- Shelf Life: Our purees maintain their quality for up to 18 months from the date of manufacture while unopened. They should be stored away from direct sunlight in an environment below 77° F. After initial use, you can refrigerate your puree for up to 10 days or freeze for the remainder of the shelf life.
Ingredients: Plum Puree, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
- Craft Brewing
- Fruited Beers
- Baking Pastries
- Ice Cream
- Frozen Desserts
Explore Fierce Fruit
Our real fruit purees are made with real, non-GMO fruit and contain no added sugar. They’re pasteurized, gluten-free, vegan, certified kosher, and free from common allergens, so you know you’re getting the best quality possible.
We maintain a completely sterile, bacteria-free puree through the use of aseptic packaging, ensuring freshness and natural flavor for a shelf life of 18 months. Add plum puree to your cart, and explore our selection of fresh, ready-to-use fruit purees. Add bold flavor to your cider, beer, kombucha, and more.
Shipping: We ship our products within 1 to 3 business days.