Andean Blackberry Puree
The Andean Blackberry (or “Mora” as it's called in Colombia and Ecuador) is a tangy and sour type of blackberry, primarily found at high altitudes in the Andes Mountains in Central and South America. It’s hardly like the common blackberry, which has a mild flavor. In fact, it’s very sour. But add a little sweetener, and wow, you’re tasting a mega berry! It’s like whipping together ripe raspberries, blackberries, cranberries and lingonberries, and kicking it up a notch — or a thousand.
When this blackberry pulp is pureed, its deep, beautiful red-fuchsia color will transfer to anything in its path. This blackberry puree is versatile and a great option for those looking to shake things up with exciting berry brews.
Andean Blackberry Aseptic Puree Specifications
- Scientific Name: Rubus glaucus
- Otherwise Known As: Mora, Andean Berry, Castilla Blackberry
- Flavor Profile: Tart, sweet, and potent with notes of blackberry, raspberry, and cranberry
- Pulp Color: Bright red to deep purple
- Shelf Life: When unopened, Fierce Fruit purees maintain their freshness and quality for 18 months from the date of manufacture. They should be stored in an area away from direct sunlight and kept below 77° F. Once you’ve opened your puree, it should be refrigerated for up to 10 days or frozen for the remainder of the shelf life.
Ingredients: Andean Blackberry Puree, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
- Craft Brewing
- Fruited Beers
- Fruited Sours
- Baking Pastries
- Ice Cream
- Frozen Desserts
Fierce Fruit Gets Bold
All of our purees are made from strong, bold fruits that are 100% natural and never frozen. We don’t add sugar or use GMOs, so you can be sure you’re getting the best quality for your beers, ciders, kombucha, and more. Allergen-free, vegan, and gluten-free, these purees are accessible to all.
Shipping: Fierce Fruit purees typically ship within 1 to 3 days.