Enjoy the Tropical Flavor of Our Banana Puree
Called the “Fruits of Love” in Peru, cape gooseberries are small, round, bright yellow fruits that are encased in delicate, paper-like husks. They’re native to South America but are now grown in many parts of the world. Each golden gooseberry is the size of a cherry tomato and is a bright yellow to orange in color. While there is a hint of fresh tomato in the gooseberry pulp, the flavor is quite distinct, like a tart yet sweet tomato with notes of fruit and candy.
A common staple in the culinary world, gooseberry puree is commonly used in chutneys, sauces, and garnishes for savory dishes. More recently, gooseberry pulp has been used in cocktail mixology and other fermented beverages like kombucha and beer. Like most exotic fruits, it’s one of those you have to try because its taste is so unique.
Cape Gooseberry Aseptic Puree Specifications
- Scientific Name: Physalis peruviana
- Other Names: Goldenberry, uchuva, gooseberry, ground cherry, Peruvian cherry
- Flavor Profile: Tart and sweet, with notes of tomato, pineapple, apricot, and tangerine
- Pulp Color: Bright yellow-orange
- Shelf Life: Our golden gooseberry puree will maintain its freshness up to 18 months past the date of manufacturing as long as the packaging remains unopened. Store our purees away from the sunlight in environments below 77° F. Once your puree has been opened, please refrigerate for up to 10 days or freeze for the remainder of the shelf life.
Ingredients: Cape Gooseberry Puree, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
- Craft Brewing
- Fruited Beers
- Fruited Sours
- Baking Pastries
- Ice Cream
- Frozen Desserts
Enjoy Fresh, Aseptic Fruit Purees
Fierce Fruit’s golden gooseberry puree is made with 100% real, non-GMO fruit. Each puree is pasteurized, vegan, certified Kosher, and free from common allergens, so they can be enjoyed by nearly anyone!
We ensure sterile, bacteria-free purees through the use of aseptic packaging, which allows us to maintain the natural flavor and freshness of our fruits. Add gooseberry pulp to your next kombucha, cider, beer, or other fruited beverage.
Shipping: Ships in 1 to 3 business days.